My Top 14 Beauty Products of 2014!

7:34 PM

Another year has come and gone so I thought I would share my go to beauty products for 2014. 
(These products are not listen in any particular order)

1. Eminence Skin Care line:
 Stone Crop Gel Wash, Red Currant Mattifying Mist, Eight Greens Whip Moisturizer, Couperose-C Serum, Eight Greens Youth Serum
Seeing as I have very sensitive skin, along with acne, it is hard to find products that help my skin rather then irritate it and make it worse. Since using these products (which were hand picked and recommended for me by a skin care technician)my skin has improved immensely. Although it is on the pricey side of things it is well worth the money considering they use nothing but natural ingredients from Hungary.
(Purchased from a local spa with prices varying from $40-$50)


2. Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Electric ToothBrush
This may seem like an odd one to include but I have to say I can not live without this item. Every time you brush your teeth with this is feel like you've just walked out of the dentist. It even has different settings based on whiting, your gums, sensitive teeth, etc. It even includes a travel case which comes with a USB charger so you can charge your toothbrush while you are travel, without having to pack the actual charge stand.
(Purchased from my local dentist for $155)


3. Eminence Tinted Moisturizer
Following the trend of trying to maintain my acne prone skin I've switched my foundation to a tinted moisturizer that uses natural ingredients to help improve my completion. This is a very moisturizing product so I do not need to use moisturizer under it, but it is also very buildable and covers imperfections and evens out my skin tone perfectly. It also contains sunscreen to protect your skin from the harsh sun rays. 
(Purchased from my local spa for $60)


 4. Real Techniques Makeup Brushes:
Buffing Brush, Contour Brush, Deluxe Crease Brush, Base Shadow Brush, Brow Brush
These brushes are definitely high quality for their price. They are soft and dense which allows for no irritation on the skin while making sure you get maximum coverage with your products. I use the buffing brush to help get full coverage with my foundation, the contouring brush for both bronzer and blush, the crease and base shadow brush I use for my eyeshadow, and the brow brush is excellent for filling in my brows. 
(Purchased in packs/kits from London Drugs for $10-$25)

5. Maybelline Falsies Volume Express Mascara
This mascara covers from root to tip without ever flaking. It defines how long my lashed truly are while separating them evenly. Most importantly it is buildable so it allows me to create the illusion of false lashes. I've bought my fair share of these mascaras throughout 2014. 
(Purchased from Shoppers Drug Mart, Wal-Mart, London Drugs for $5-$7)

6. Essence Super Fine Eyeliner Pen
I consider this a dupe for the MAC eyeliner pen, however it might even be better. This pen never dries out for me and allows me to create the perfect winged line every time. The tip is thin allowing you to create presses lines that can become thicker when more pressure is applied. It also lasts all day without smudging, creasing, or fading. Most importantly it is cheap!
(Purchased from Shoppers Drug Mart for $3)

7. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
This would for sure have to be my favourite Naked palette that Urban Decay has produced. It has a perfect variety of pinks and browns, both shimmery and matte, and is the only eyeshadow that I've used all year. With this you can go for a simple everyday eye to a more dramatic night look which is amazing. 
(Purchased from Sephora for $64)


8. MAC Matte Eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown
I use this MAC shadow to fill in my brows. It matches my natural brow colour perfectly and doesn't make them look drawn in or anything. I just take my brow brush and brush over the natural shape of my brow and it simply fills them providing a natural look. 
(Purchased from a MAC counter for $19)


9. MAC Lip Lusture in Giddy
This is my favourite everyday lipstick for any season. It is close to my natural lip colour with just the right amount of sheen. It is also very moisturizing which makes it easy to wear all day long.
(Purchased from a MAC counter for $19)

10. Moroccan Oil 
Having naturally curly hair my hair tends to be drier and frizzier then most. This oil is the best solution when it comes to my hair. I pour a nickel sized amount into my hand and start at my ends and rub it in all the way to my roots. I can put enough in to control the frizz without my hair becoming oily. It also creates a nice added shine making my hair soft to touch and easy to straighten or curl. 
(Purchased from Chatters Hair Salon for $10-$20)


11. Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo
I consider this a lifesaver for both travellers and college students. I few shakes of this stuff on your scalp, regardless of how oily your hair may be, will make your hair better then new. It not only absorbs the excess oil in your hair but it also leave it smelling fresh and clean. Even adding this to clean hair leaves you with more volume and texture.
(Purchased from Lush for $6.95-$13.95)


12. Lush Shine So Bright Split End Treatment
Even if this product didn't work as well as it did I would probably still use it simply for the sent of it. This product has such a fresh clean sent and truly does help your split ends while leaving a perfect shine behind. I rub a bit of this wax into my hands and focus on my ends while eventually working it to about halfway up my hair just to increase the scent and shine.
(Purchased from Lush for $9.95)

13. Goody Twist Pins
If you have long thick hair like me and bobby pins just don't cut it when it comes to a bun, then these are the answer. These make throwing my hair up into a messy bun so easy and results in a secure bun every time! I did have to purchase two packs (of two twist pins) in order to manage all my hair.
(Purchased 2 packs from Wal-Mart for under $10)

14. PRADA Candy Perfume in L'eau 
Being the type of person who isn't a huge fan of strong scents I often stick to one perfume for long periods of time. This perfume is one that I will probably be purchasing for the next few years. It is such a soft scent but at the same time it is mature and suitable for both day and night. 
(Purchased from The Bay in a gift set including a full sized bottle, travel sized roll on, and lotion, for $120)


So these were my top 14 beauty products that I used throughout 2014! Although some of these items were on the pricey end, I do highly recommend them based on their overall quality.

If you have and questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comment box below :)
- Jacy xo





You Might Also Like

0 comments