Food | Wasa Bread Sandwiches

2:06 PM

Eating healthier was definitely high on my list when starting 2016. For me it wasn't about eating a certain way to lose weight, but more so to feel better since certain foods tend to make me feel poorly. One of the hardest foods to try and eliminate from my diet was bread, especially for sandwiches. A great substitute I found for making sandwiches was Wasa Bread. Wasa is a bread-like cracker that comes in various flavours from sourdough to rye. I love that it provides a crunch which helps to curb cravings without being terrible for you. Not only is it lighter then a bread, it is higher in fibre while being only 30 calories per slice. For lunch I love having a wasa bread sandwich, it is light, refreshing, and delicious. Below is one of many ways I like to enjoy my wasa bread sandwich:
Wasa Bread
Sweet Onion Mustard
Cooked Turkey Deli Meat
Shredded Mozzarella
Romain Lettuce
Cherry Tomatoes
Fresh Ground Pepper
I love having 2 of these as a meal with a side of soup or salad, or even just one throughout the day as a snack! The wasa bread is also delicious with tuna. The only difficult part is that the bread is more like a cracker so if you pre-make these for your lunch it will cause it to go soggy, so I definitely recommend making this right before you plan on eating.

I hope you enjoyed this quick little lunch idea! If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below or on one of my social media sites - links are in the top right corner!
- Jacy xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments