Travel | What's In My Carry On!

12:00 PM

It's taken several travels, both on the plane and in the car, for me to finally pack my carry on both efficiently and effectively. No matter where I'm traveling or what time of the year it is I always manage to pack these items into my carry on. Below is an in depth look as to what I carry with me. 


1. My TSA sized bag to hold all of my makeup and liquids and gels for easy access when going through security in the airport. 
2. Pressed transparent powder and mini makeup brush to eliminate any oil on my face. It also works great to touch up any oil you may have in my hair.
3. Blush and bronzer duo for a fresh look before landing. 
4. Moisturizing lip tint to add some colour and prevent chapped lips.
5. Mini mascara to touch up any that may have flaked or smudged off.
6. Perfume which I only recommend using right before arriving so that you don't irritate anyone around you. 
7. Eyelash curler to help open your eyes which helps you to look awake and refreshed.
8. Mini brush to detangle any knots. Also good for back combing and putting a little life back into my hair.
9. Bobby pins, hair elastic, twist pins, and a claw clip to help with any necessary hair styles that I may need.
10. Deodorant to freshen up with (don't want to be the smelly person on the plane or in the car).
11. Lip chap to keep them moisturized throughout the travel.
12. Eye drops for when my eyes get itchy from the stuffy air on the plane or in the car.
13. Eye contacts container so I can remove my contacts.
14. Hand moisturizer because there's nothing worse then dry hands.
15. Advil for any headaches that may arise.
16. Gravol incase the road gets bumpy or there's turbulence.
17. Gum to curb any hunger (or boredom).
18. Mints to freshen the breath since I won't have a toothbrush handy.
19. Nail file since nail clippers are not allowed on planes.
20. Dental floss because again, I won't be brushing my teeth for a few hours.
21. Wet wipes which are awesome for removing makeup, wiping hands before or after eating, or washing down any sticky surfaces that may exist, etc.
22. Tissues since it can get pretty stuffy both in the air and on the road.
23. Passport.
24. Wallet.
25. Eye Glasses for when I can no longer handle my eye contacts.
26. Sunglasses. These are a necessity when driving, but also for sleeping on the plane. They help keep the light out while letting others know you'd like to not be bothered throughout your travels.
27. Portable charger. This one can charge both my iPhone and iPad at the same time and for several times. I don't travel anywhere without this, it's also handy to carry in your purse incase you need a charge when taking photos on your phone.
28. iPhone charger.
29. Notebook and pen.
30. Headphones - a must when flying. Awesome for listening to music, watching movies, or just needing to block out any noise.
31. Laptop charger.
32. Laptop loaded with movies and TV shows to watch.
33. Blanket scarf or poncho to keep warm with. Many don't think to travel with one of these but they are great to snuggle up with, use as a pillow, or to lay across your purse to prevent things from falling out (if you don't have a zipper) and to keep people from thinking to sneak something out.
34. Water is a must in order to help stay hydrated while traveling and to help prevent jet leg if flying.

Lastly I use my Jet Set Michael Kors Tote to carry it all. This bag is awesome because it holds everything and is deep enough that nothing sticks out or falls out. The coated leather is also great because it makes it easy to clean after being on the car or plane floor.


Some additional items that change throughout my travels:
- Warm socks or small slippers. These only make it into the carry on if I'm not wearing socks already or if it is an over night flight. They are awesome to slip on when wanting to sleep or to just cozy up and keep warm.
- Book or magazine. I'm constantly reading some kind of book so I make sure to always take my current one on my travels with me. If I'm going for a long period of time I may pack an extra book in my suitcase to switch out for throughout the trip. Magazines are also great just to flip through or do quizzes with just to pass the time.
- Ipad for reading eBooks, playing games on, watching movies, or browsing the web on if wifi is available. I prefer an iPad over a laptop for this just because its easier to hold and use when constricted to a small space.

So these are the goodies that I pack in my carry on for all of my travels. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I like to take with me. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comment box below :)
- Jacy xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments